UNDERSTANDING UV RAYS
- The sun’s UV radiation exists in three wavelengths called UVA, UVB and UVC. UVC rays don’t penetrate through the earth’s atmosphere, so let’s just worry about UVA and UVB :)
- UVB rays are those that penetrate the top layer of your skin and cause burning – UVA rays are those that penetrate deeper into the skin and cause aging. ‘SPF’ protects you against UVB rays, while ‘Broad Spectrum’ protects you against UVA rays. Make sure your choice of sun lotion protects against both these types of sun rays!
- While we all need and seek the sun so that our bodies can produce that oh-so-loved Vitamin D and our brains produce that happy hormone serotonin, we have to be careful as excessive sun exposure can increase the risk of skin cancer dramatically. The good news is that we can reduce this risk by 80% simply by regularly using sun care products!
- SPF or Sun Protection Factor, indicates how long you can stay in the sun for compared to if you were not wearing sun protection. For example, SPF 30 means you can stay out in the sun 30 times longer than if you weren’t wearing any sun lotion. But remember that no matter how high the SPF, you are never 100% protected from the sun’s UV rays. So you should always try to combine using sun lotion with other sun protection :)
- Sunscreen’s no.1 myth is that it is only necessary when it’s sunny. But don’t be fooled, the sun’s rays will reach your skin even when it’s cloudy! Don’t freak though – THANK ME LATER incredibly light consistency and non-greasy factor makes it the perfect skin care product to apply anywhere and at any time! It will make sure your skin remains hydrated and nourished with rich natural ingredients and also help avoid sun-induced premature ageing.
- Sunscreen’s no.2 myth is that it will prevent you from getting a nice bronzed color. Wrong. You will still build a tan, it will just be more gradual and last much longer.
MOTHER EARTH ♡
- We need to be aware of the products we choose to use. Scientists estimate that between 4,000 and 6,000 metric tons of sunscreen is washed off beach-goers into the ocean every year. This can have a huge effect on the health of our coral reefs. Be a responsible human and choose non-harmful products. THANK ME LATER doesn’t go anywhere near those nasty chemicals, we love the ocean too much to treat it like that!
- There are many products on our market today that contain toxic chemicals that have extremely harmful effects on the environment. In sunscreens in particular, four chemicals have been identified that even in tiny doses, kill coral and cause bleaching. Always make sure you choose products that don’t jeopardize the health of the environment.
- It is scientifically proven that sunlight brightens your mood. Exposure to sunlight boosts serotonin levels in the brain. Sunlight is therefore the easiest anti-depressant you will find! Peeling on a romantic getaway or before a big day will definitely dampen your mood though, so stay protected and #thankmelater.
- Everyone’s skin is different; some are more sensitive than others. Make sure you know your skin and limits, and treat it accordingly! Any fair and freckled cuties will be more prone to sunburn, so should be extra careful! :)
FACTS ABOUT ME
- I am Paraben and Paraffin FREE
- I am packaged in tubes made from recycled plastic
- Ingredients: UVA/UVB Filters, Purified Water, Almond and Coconut Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Oxide, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Vegetable Glycerine, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Fragrance and Natural Preservative
- Rub me in at least 20 minutes before going out in the sun to allow maximum absorption and protection. Re-apply every 90 minutes, and more frequently after swimming, sweating or toweling
- I am not waterproof, but water resistant. This means don’t be shy, and re-apply frequently on dry skin for maximum efficiency
- Make sure you’re applying enough lotion evenly and on dry skin. As I am free of chemical solvents, I might not get fully absorbed if your body is wet
- As I am only conserved by natural preservatives, as soon as you open me up, you’ve got 12 months ! DW that leaves us plenty of time to play ;)